Comment on page
You can send user data from Freshpaint to Chameleon, which allows you to provide more targeted onboarding experiences to users.
- 1.Navigate to the Chameleon destination configuration and click "Configure".
- 2.Go to Chameleon > Installation and Choose "Freshpaint" under Installation Method. You can also select Freshpaint as an integration to complete the installation from your Chameleon dashboard.
- 3.On the next page, copy your token for the next step. If Chameleon also displays a fast url, grab that as well.
- 4.Configure your Chameleon token and Fast URL if necessary.
3. That's it! You should now see the enabled status next to the Chameleon app destination. All you need to do is enable events in the Event Library in order to start sending events to Chameleon.
When you call freshpaint.identify(), Freshpaint will create or update a user in Chameleon by calling their identify method. Users in Chameleon need to be identified with a unique ID (UID) in order to enable them to see tours. You can read more about that here. Here is an example of an identify call:
Once the Chameleon integration is enabled, you can now set it as an event destination in the event definition in order to start sending an event to Chameleon.
Only client-side connection mode is available for this destination. Events originating from the user's web browser will be sent directly to Chameleon.