Comment on page
Send data from Salesforce to your destinations through Freshpaint
With the Salesforce source, Freshpaint can sync the data from your Salesforce standard and custom objects into Freshpaint's SQL Engine. All of this data will be made available as SQL tables.
With that data, you can:
- Combine your Salesforce data with that of any other source
- To connect, you'll need to choose the Salesforce source in Freshpaint.
- Click the Authenticate OAuth button to log into Salesforce with the user of your choice. This is what Freshpaint will use to connect to Salesforce.
- By default, Freshpaint will sync all the data you have. You can choose for Freshpaint to sync only with data newer than a certain date (e.g.
- Choose the tables you'll want to provide to Freshpaint. For the example mentioned above, you'd want to choose the
Freshpaint can work with any of the standard and custom objects available in your Salesforce account. Here's just a few of the popular tables we can work with:
casenumber AS insert_id,
contactemail AS user_id,
slastartdate AS time
This will identify the record by the email address on the case and its case number. It's important that you include those fields, named that way, because we'll need that to help Mixpanel make sense of the event. All of your other case information would be sent to Mixpanel for you to analyze because you selected
EXTRACT(YEAR_MONTH FROM ClosedDate) AS year_and_month,
SUM(amount) AS ltv
closedDate > DATE_SUB(NOW(), INTERVAL 12 MONTH)
GROUP BY EXTRACT(YEAR_MONTH FROM closeddate)
You can use this query either see the data in our editor, or you can send this data to another destination (with one event per month).
- You should strongly consider creating a user at Salesforce that has read-only permissions, and use that to connect Freshpaint to Salesforce.
- To do this, click into the Setup screen at Salesforce and then choose Users.
- Create a new user, and for the profile, choose "Read Only". This will be the user you'll log in with when creating a connection to Salesforce.